Saturday 24 January 2009

(Inspiration: Part 3) Pop Art

Even though I don't use pop art as inspiration within my publishing work, it's always in my mind while designing. Wether it's the colour schemes in which was used or the hard thick lines or maybe just the overall feel of the artwork. Since I was at school I have been interested in Pop art and the typical Pop Artists including Andy Warhol and Roy Litchenstein. However, in the last couple of years with further insight into the artists and their methods, I have become less interested in the art movement. Mainly because of most of the artist's having hardly involvement in the art piece in which they claim is their own artwork when actually there studio had more involvement than the actual artist did. For example Andy Warhol had hardly any involvement with his artworks and his studio " The Factory" produced a fair percentage of the finished artworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment