Saturday 24 January 2009

(Inspiration: Part 1) Big Active


Even though I class myself as a typography, I'm also very interested in all types of art forms. I take inspiration from all different areas of art and design including typographers, publishers, illustrators, designers, photographers, textiles etc. One of my favorite designers which is classed as an illustrator is Jasper Goodall. He is a illustrator thats works for a company called
Big Active. He has produced CD artwork for Muse and he produces a lot of self promotional work. Another Designer/Illustrator which I am interested in, is another designer working for Big Active called David Foldvari. Some of his pieces of work have a graffiti effect to them as they are not clean cut and has a rough effect to it. In both Jasper's and David's work they both use felt tip/marker approach where they would do an illustration and have the streaky pen mark in the coloured parts. I feel this makes there work more impacting as it gives it a hands on feel. However they both show they are capable of producing artwork from various mediums.



(Left) Jasper Goodall
(Below) David Foldvari





No comments:

Post a Comment